In this Assignment, you will create a presentation using any form of presentation software (e.g., PowerPoint®, Prezi™, Powtoons™, Slidedog™, and so on). Your presentation should bring together the conceptual framework, model and theory that best fits your concept of advanced practice nursing related to your role after graduation.
Please remember that your presentation should contain slides that have bullet points. The bullets should number no more than four to six per slide. The bullet point is not written as a complete sentence. It contains key words. You, as the presenter will explain in depth what each bullet point means in the audio portion of the presentation. Slides may contain graphics, but should be uncluttered. Background and font colors should be of sufficient contrast to make reading them easy on the eyes. Attention to colors should be paid so that a person who is colorblind can easily read the presentation.
The presentation should consist of a series of slides that include:
Title Slide: A title slide that identifies the title of the presentation and name of the student.
Introduction Slide: An introduction slide that includes brief information about you and your program track. The slide should also explain to the audience the purpose of the presentation.
Conceptual Slides: The third and fourth slide will focus on a conceptual framework that aligns to your professional nursing practice. The fourth slide should include why you chose the conceptual framework and how you will apply it in practice.
Model Slides: The fifth and sixth slides will address your chosen model. The bullet points should consist of the specific characteristics of the model. You will need at least one citation that identifies where the model came from. Your audio will expound upon the model and what the characteristics mean. The fifth slide should include why you chose the model and how you will apply it in practice.
Theory Slides: The next three slides will focus on your chosen theory. The first slide should present your theory and why you chose it. The next slide would present the key concepts of the theory and how it has been used to date in past research no older than five years ago. The third slide will discuss how you will use this theory in practice as an advance practice nurse upon graduation.
Graphical Slide: The next-to-last slide will be a graphical representation of how the conceptual framework, model, theory fit together.
Conclusion Slide: The last slide will be a conclusion that brings together everything you have presented. It is not a summary that just reiterates what you presented. It is a judgment about what you presented and brings the audience home, ending the presentation on a positive note about the future.
You will need supporting citations for your slides as appropriate and your very last slide will be a reference slide.
The total slide count should not exceed 15 slides. This does not include the reference slide(s) or the title slide.
Organization, documentation, references formatting guidelines must follow APA 6th edition: To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- Minimum requirement of at least five sources of support
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition
Expert Solution Preview
In this assignment, you are required to create a presentation using any form of presentation software that brings together the conceptual framework, model, and theory that best fits your concept of advanced practice nursing related to your role after graduation. The presentation should consist of a series of slides as outlined in the assignment details.
The presentation will consist of the following slides:
1. Title Slide: This slide will identify the title of the presentation and the name of the student.
2. Introduction Slide: This slide will provide brief information about the student and their program track. It will also explain the purpose of the presentation.
3. Conceptual Slides: These slides (3rd and 4th) will focus on a conceptual framework that aligns with the student’s professional nursing practice. The 4th slide will explain why the student chose this conceptual framework and how they will apply it in practice.
5. Model Slides: These slides (5th and 6th) will address the chosen model. The bullet points will consist of the specific characteristics of the model, with at least one citation to identify its source. The audio portion of the presentation will further explain the model and its characteristics. The 5th slide will explain why the student chose this model and how they will apply it in practice.
7. Theory Slides: These slides (7th, 8th, and 9th) will focus on the chosen theory. The 7th slide will present the theory and explain why the student chose it. The 8th slide will present the key concepts of the theory and provide examples of how it has been used in past research. The 9th slide will discuss how the student plans to use this theory in practice as an advanced practice nurse upon graduation.
10. Graphical Slide: This slide will be a graphical representation of how the conceptual framework, model, and theory fit together.
11. Conclusion Slide: This slide will bring together everything presented in the presentation and provide a judgment about the concepts discussed. It will end the presentation on a positive note about the future.
The presentation will include supporting citations throughout the slides as appropriate. The final slide will be a reference slide. The total slide count should not exceed 15 slides, excluding the reference slide and title slide. The organization, documentation, and reference formatting guidelines must follow APA 6th edition.